Office of Planning and Analysis (OPA)
The Office of Planning and Analysis (OPA) became involved in the review of academic programs to help ease the burden placed on departments of independently assembling and interpreting large amounts of complex institutional data required to address many of the self-study questions, and to standardize an important feature of the review process. OPA now provides a summary of data from central sources for every unit undergoing review. The data summaries include questions that departments are asked to consider in the self-study.
More about OPA
The Office of Planning and Analysis reports through the Office of the Associate Vice Chancellor-Finance and Chief Financial Officer. The OPA:
- supports campus strategic planning and decision making through the analysis, presentation, and distribution of relevant and timely information;
- is responsible for policy and institutional analyses and the academic planning process;
- facilitates the flow of information between the central administration and campus units;
- maintains databases of UC Berkeley institutional data;
- responds, on behalf of the Chancellor, to internal and external requests for information about the institutional characteristics of the Berkeley campus and its units; and
- is committed to an open, inclusive process and to making information widely available to the campus community.
For more information, visit the OPA website.